The Power of Two: Ana & Isa Stenzel

Click to listen to Ana & Isa’s lecture:

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Ana & Isa Stenzel, the inspiration behind the documentary The Power of Two, discuss surpassing their doctors’ prognosis, living with Cystic Fibrosis and receiving lung transplants.

At three days old, Ana and Isa were diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis (CF), a fatal genetic disease that impacts the lungs and pancreas; their doctor told their parents they would be lucky to live to reach 10 years of age.

There is no cure for CF. But, in their darkest hour, when their ability to breathe was leaving them, Ana and Isa received the gift of new life and new breath in the form of double lung transplants in 2000 and 2004, respectively.

Their post-transplant activities have included running a half marathon, climbing a 10,000 foot mountain peak, swimming and running in the U.S. Transplant Games, traveling across three continents, and writing their memoir, “The Power of Two: A Twin Triumph Over Cystic Fibrosis” which inspired a documentary by the same name.

This entry was posted in Children's Health, Inspiration, Parenting. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to The Power of Two: Ana & Isa Stenzel

1. Sue Digre says:

Congratulations. I do hope to be there with family and friends.
    Thanks for all the hard work you two do for so many

My best to Andrew too.

Our prayers for Ana and her surgery

Hurricane in New York, my goodness.
    See you soon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>